If you are not redirected in five seconds, click here.

Monday, August 26, 2013

A Garbage Truck 'Trash Bash' Birthday Party...GROSS!!



We are so thrilled to be back with you and can't wait for all of the fun we have in store over the next few months.  First up, our all new Birthday Parties series is going live on PBS Parents tomorrow, and we couldn't be more excited over here!!  Before all of that good stuff ensues, I wanted to share photos of a little 'Trash Bash' we threw for my 3 year old boy, Sully, this past June.

As I may have mentioned before, he is absolutely, madly, & deeply in love with garbage...we wait for the big blue truck every week and dumpsters are a main topic of conversation over here.  If you have yourself one of these trash-talkin' boys or girls, you know EXACTLY what I am discussing here::)

First up, the invitations . . .


I wanted to create a galvanized trash can with the invitation replicating a garbage bag placed inside . . .



You can purchase a customized, printable invitation of your own over at our Etsy shop right here: Juneberry Lane Etsy Shop Garbage Truck Invitations:)


I made these cupcake stands from Dollar Tree trash cans (and filled them with garbage, of course), a Dollar Tree baking sheet, and a glue gun-so simple and a real hit with my little guy . . .




This cake was SO much fun and pretty darn simple too!  I will have to put together a tutorial for you one of these days!!



The favors were made using Dollar Tree pencil holders, a cut piece of a real garbage bags, and filled with goodies for the little ones.  The favor tags are available at our Etsy shop too!




The little ones decorated cookies I made using a Garbage Truck cookie cutter I purchased right HERE.


Newspaper tissue poms were the perfect addition to greet guests on their way in . . .



The Garbage Truck cake reveal was a smashing success . . .


My sweet boy was so excited!!



And printable iron-on transfers were a blast to design for the birthday boy & his little sister's shirts . . .




And there you have it, simple & fun and the perfect theme for the grossest little guy I know!!  I'll be back tomorrow with a link for the pilot to our PBS Parents show and the new Mrs. Frost (my fantastic little sister) is whipping up all sorts of baking, food, and party inspiration to bring your way too!!!!  We've missed you...and are so happy to be back to enjoy the best season of the year with you . . . let's do this!!! Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe there's even a garbage party! Oh my god this kept me laughing. :D very nice! love this party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. trash can

    ReplyDelete